PLEASE NOTE UPDATED TERMS AND CONDITIONS 2/2018
1. The bidder accepts the conditions of sale stated as follows by offering bids via mail, telephone, fax, email or internet. DO NOT email bids on closing days.
2. Items are sold to the highest bidder. HAKE’S BUYER’S PREMIUM IS 18%. Reduced to 15% for check or money order. Accepted payment methods are Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, check or money order. The buyer's premium discount is only applicable if payment is received within 14 days from the close of the auction. Payments received after 14 days from the close of the auction are subject to the 18% buyer's premium regardless of method of payment.
3. Each item has a specific “opening” or “reserve” bid. If you are the first person to bid that amount, the item will be sold to you at that price unless another bidder raises your bid. Once an item has an opening bid, additional increases go in 10% increments (up to $99,999, 5% bid increments $100,000 to $499,999 and 2.5% bid increments $500,000 and up). Bids are posted on the internet as received or you may call prior to closing days between 9:30 A.M. - 5:30 P.M. Eastern time, Monday - Friday to learn current high bids and place bids.
4. Tie bids are decided by the earliest bid received.
5. Bidders must pay packing, postage and insurance costs. We ship U.S.A. orders via UPS unless: (1) you request U.S. postal service or (2) if your order consists of light weight items under $50 total value, we ship via 1st class or priority U.S. mail. Unless otherwise stated, all packages sent via UPS will require a signature. If you prefer UPS to just leave a package with no signature requirement, please contact us to let us know. Packages sent outside the U.S. are sent via either the U.S. postal service, surface or air, or UPS. All orders sent outside the U.S. will be insured. Hake’s will declare full value of each package on customs forms along with factual descriptions of items enclosed regardless of insurance option chosen.
6. Pennsylvania, Maryland and Virginia residents must pay state sales tax or provide re-sale number.
7. Offers to “top all other bids” are not accepted, but we can execute a bid on your behalf or inform you if your bid has been raised. See “call-back” details on page 7 of the catalog or call for special arrangements. Hake’s specifically disclaims any responsibility or liability whatsoever for failing to execute a written bid, telephone bid, internet bid or call-back request on any bidder’s behalf. However, in the event of an error regarding a call-back bid, Hake’s may at its sole discretion re-open the bidding on an auction item.
8. Hake’s Americana & Collectibles reserves the right to accept or reject any or all bids by any bidder and the right to limit the number of high bid inquiries via telephone.
9. Bidders who have not previously purchased from Hake’s must accompany opening bids with a valid Master Card, VISA Card, Discover Card or American Express number and expiration date. Such a bidder authorizes Hake’s to charge auction purchases and shipping costs to that credit card. If Hake’s is denied authorization by the card issuer, the bidder agrees to remit payment in full within two weeks of notification that the credit card authorization was declined. If payment is not received within two weeks of notification the bidder is liable for the costs and legal fees Hake’s incurs in the collection of the debt.
10. On closing days, telephone bidding begins at 9:30 AM. Internet bidding is occuring simultaneously and high bids are constantly updated. Multiple phone lines are available for calls. If the line is busy, we are still accepting calls. Beginning at 10 PM Tuesday for Tuesday’s auction or 9 AM Thursday morning for the Thursday’s auction, we set a 3-hour computer clock to bring the auction to a conclusion. Read the auction conclusion procedure below. Questions about items cannot be answered on the last two days as calls must be kept short to give others a chance to get through. Call before closing days and we will be pleased to answer any questions.
11. No retraction of bids is permitted. Once a bid has been placed, it may not be retracted.
12. Bidding sales are not approval sales. Winning bids must be honored by bidders. We cannot assume any responsibility for errors made in the amount bid or lot numbers listed on bid sheets. Check bid sheets for accuracy. Errors in descriptions or our inability to fill an order are the only causes for a refund. Requests for adjustments must be made within three days of receipt of the items and accompanied by a letter of explanation. Late remittance for purchases, however, is cause to negate this privilege. No returns will be permitted for any reason after settlement is made with our consignors.
13. If an item is damaged in transit or missing from your order, DO NOT DISCARD ANY PACKING MATERIALS. CALL US IMMEDIATELY AT 866-404-9800 M/F 9:30 AM - 5:30 PM.
14. All material is genuine and no reproductions are offered in the catalogue.
15. Electrically operated items are sold for their collectible value only. Actual use of such items is at the purchaser’s risk. Mechanical items such as toys, watches, etc. are sold as is. Upon receipt of items, Hake's is not responsible for items that are not operable even if described as working in the auction catalog due to the age of these items.
16. Hake's is not responsible for shipping damage to picture frames (including glass) of any kind. By request, we will remove the item from the frame and dispose of frame prior to shipping.
17. Hake’s reserves the right to cancel the auction or re-schedule the closing dates without recourse from any bidder or prospective bidder.
18. Should Hake’s be prevented by fire, theft or any reason from delivering any property to the buyer, any liability of Hake’s shall be limited to the amount actually paid for the property by that buyer.
19. All sales are for cash. Full payment is due 14 days after the closing date of the auction. Personal checks from first time customers require two weeks to clear the bank. Use bank or postal money order to avoid this delay. Payment must be received within 14 days to take advantage of buyer's premium discount. Discount is only available if payment is made within 14 days from the date of the auction.
20. NOTE: All bids are contractual obligations and all bidders are obligated to honor their bids as contracts to buy the items involved. Invoices overdue by 14 days or longer may be submitted to an independent collection agency and result in additional liability for legal fees.
21. Employees of Hake's and its affilliates may participate in the auction but may not bid on personally consigned lots.
We devote much time to providing detailed descriptions of the items so that you may bid in confidence. Our return rate is less than one tenth of one percent. Here are most of the condition terms we use and their definitions. If you need more information or clarification about an item, please call before the auction closing day.
Every item is assigned an "Opening" bid. If you bid this amount, the item will be sold to you unless another bidder raises your bid. Every item is also a assigned a price range letter code. This range is our conservative opinion of the item's estimated value. Generally, 75% of the items sold are at prices within or above our suggested value range.
We have found 50% of the items sold are within our suggested price range, 25% are lower, 25% are higher.
Quote marks in a description indicate words that actually appear on the item.
Note: Most items we offer are in very fine to excellent or mint condition. We occasionally offer an unusual or rare item in poor to good condition.
Sizes of buttons and other small items on the button pages are given exactly and photos are to scale on these pages. Sizes of larger items may be rounded off to the nearest inch and photos are not scale. Thus, our photos of a gum card and a poster may be equal in size.
Contact Hake's immediately by phone or email.
DAMAGE: Keep all packaging (shipping box, packaging materials) as well as the damaged item itself. Hake's will then contact the carrier (UPS, USPS) to start the claim process.
LOSS: If a package is lost we will contact the Postal Service or UPS and request a package tracer. The purpose of the tracer is to provide proof of delivery or if unable to prove delivery, request a claim for loss.
Reimbursement for loss or damage will not occur until the claim process has been concluded which could take up to 4 weeks.
Lay-away terms are available on invoices of $500.00 or more. Send one third of the total amount by two weeks after the close of the auction. The remaining balance is due within the next 30 days. The deposit is not refundable for any reason and no exchanges can be made. Items will be shipped when paid in full. The buyer's premium discount is not applicable for invoices utilizing the lay-away option. An interest charge of 1.5% per month will be applied to lay-away balances that exceed the lay-away due date by 30 days or more. If there is a balance still due beyond 75 days of the original payment due date, the deposit is forfeited and the items returned to our inventory.
Auction catalogs are sent free at our discretion. To insure you receive the catalog, the most current auction catalog is available for $20.00. The current subscription rates for our full color catalog is $50.00 for three issues in the USA and Canada. International rates are $75 for three issues. Of course participation via our website is always free and requires only registration using a credit card. You are not charged a fee, this only validates your customer account. Back issues of the catalog are available for purchase at $10.00 each. The available list of catalogs can be found in the Reference Books section of the Browse for Sale section of our website.